24 June, 2011

Recipes from the web - 2




I think it's time for another round of "Recipes from the web".  For those of you who missed the first edition, click HERE.
June and July are the months of birthdays, gatherings and celebrations in my family: my mom's birthday, father's day, my sister's birthday, my father-in-law birthday and so on ....  Cooking a big filling meal is usually out of the question so we opt for finger food and appetizers.  Here is a selection of my favorite hors d'oeuvres:
(from Martha Stewart)
Image from Martha Stewart
 I made them back in January (ha ha so much for summer recipes) using a mix of cream cheese and goat cheese for stuffing and they were delicious!!!  I think they could be easily veganized too.
Image by Lolo
This chickpea spread is great on crostinis, crackers, and even as a dip for vegetables.  It was a big hit at my mom's birthday party last week.
Image by Tartelette
This simple dessert is SO good on a cool-ish summer evening.  I tried it with pears, instead of bananas as well as with a mix of two.  If you can not find creme fraiche, use yogurt and/or whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment