29 January, 2012

Favorite January recipes

I didn't get a chance to cook much in January.  I probably needed a break after cooking-intensive December.  I still want to share some of the amazing recipes we've enjoyed this month:





TABBOULEH SOUP from Running with Scissors was so easy to make!  It's a perfect light and fresh soup for those days when you do not have time to cook for hours.

I spotted the recipe for GREEN SALAD WITH WHITE BEANS, APPLES, AND WALNUTS in the January issue of Better Homes and Gardens magazine and made it for supper a week ago.  Very very yummy and filling!

I've already blogged about Alicia's SOUR CREAM APPLE PIE.  I believe it deserves a second mention since I've made it 3 times this month.

Annelises's PUFFY OVEN PANCAKES were part of our Christmas branch (I know, I know it's was not in January but they were really good!).  My sister enjoyed it with Nutella and sliced pears, I sprinkled mine with icing sugar and a bit of lemon juice, and Eric tried apples and cheddar cheese (with a generous serving of maple syrup).

OLIVIE SALAD has been served multiple times in our house in January: it reminds me of my childhood and I am happy that my non-Russian relatives love this "potato salad".

I didn't expect much from CARROT SOUP WITH MISO AND SESAME not because I didn't trust Deb's recipe but because I didn't manage to get nice sweet carrots.  To my surprise, even with ordinary carrot, the soup turned out really good: miso gave it a very nice, deep flavour.  Like the tabbouleh soup makes an amazing light yet nourishing meal.

What you've been cooking lately?  I am building my February menu and would love to get some ideas!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment