23 March, 2012

Spring gardening

Spring is definitely in the air.  We've spent most of yesterday outside; cleaning the flowerbed, trimming bushes, and enjoying an unusually warm March day.


It's so amazing to witness nature waking up after winter slumber: buds are growing bigger and are almost ready to turn into fresh tiny leaves, new green shoots appearing at the bottom of shrubs, hyacinth and tulip leaves peaking through the ground....


... and tiny crocuses shyly opening their tender light flowers. Yesterday, for the first time in my life, I saw a real crocus flower (actually there were two of them). I couldn't believe how small they were!


I was super excited that my first bulb-planting experiment turned out quite successful. I will definitely be posting more pictures of flowers, plants, and spring gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment