11 April, 2012

"Magical ideas" upcycled notebook

This notebook was made a while ago but I never got a chance to show it. It was an experimental project for which I tried to use only recycled materials.




  • brown void-fill paper from CropChocolate parcels for pages
  • cardboard box for covers
  • paint chip samples for decoration and page tabs
I made it to practice COPTIC STITCH BINDING and to test brown paper.  It turned out that 3 signatures were not enough for the thick cardboard cover, and the notebook felt a little bit "unbalanced".  It was also quite challenging to stitch pages and covers tight.



I will keep looking for new materials to upcycle for my notebooks while writing down all the magical ideas into this one.


______
A year ago, Anya was blogging about BERNAT CABLE HAT

No comments:

Post a Comment