To make textured handmade cards you will need:
- thick paper (I chose white watercolour paper but you can experiment with colours and paper thickness)
- acrylic gesso and white acrylic paint
- acrylic medium (I used modeling paste for the "hello" card and glass bead medium for the "joy" card)
- mod podge
- crackle paint
- cardboard letters or other embellishments
- lace, paper, cheese cloth, magic mesh
- acrylic paint to create a colour pattern (I used blue and grey paint diluted with water) and a small spray bottle or two for applying it
Follow THE VINTAGE TEXTURE TUTORIAL to create a white textured background for the card.
For the "hello" card I've applied several thick layers of paint, alternating with cheese cloth, lace, paper, and magic mesh. I've also used modeling paste to create textured "smudges".
To finish, apply white gesso and let dry.
If using letters cover them with crackle paint or a thick layer of white acrylic paint.
Attach letters or other embellishments to the card.
I really like the textured effect created by the beads. I also opted for slightly darker colours and more pronounced splashes.
Pretty simple, isn't it? Let me know if you have any questions. I will also be very happy to see your projects using vintage texture.