11 September, 2012

AUGUST JOURNAL: details

Earlier this month I've showed some of my favorite pages from the August journal.  Today, I would like to talk about little details that made this journal a whole.


DATES
Each page of the journal has a date on it.  I was planning on stamping all dates in black to give the journal a common theme.  But I ended up with a multitude of different dates: stickers, stamps, brads, and even hand written ones.  I am very happy with my choice - random, fun numbers are so much more my style.

EMBELLISHMENTS
To tie different pages of the journal together I've made my own embellishments: one big circle, one medium pinking circle, one small circle, and a brad. Simple, efficient, cute. 


EPHEMERA
Tickets, notes, coffee sleeves, postcards make this journal extremely personal.  They also came in handy for times when I didn't have photos to fill up the page.
I even ended up adding an extra envelop with all the ephemera collected during our New York trip.



"POLAROIDS"
I am a big fan of old Polaroids.  I absolutely love their square format and decided to incorporate my own version of Polaroids into this journal.  Want to turn your favorite photos into Polaroids?  It's fast and fun with this tutorial.

GO WITH A FLOW
Some days I wrote, some days I put pictures, and then there were days when I goofed off, stamping the page over and over again.

WASHI TAPE
I've used washi tape on almost every page of the journal.  I love its versatility:
use it to hold things
make page tags with bits of the tape
or simply stamp on it

Here you have it: little details that make this journal personal and fun.
I will be giving out a copy of a similar journal this month.  Check back later this week to enter the giveaway!!!

Anya
____
A year ago: BLUE COLOUR PALETTE

No comments:

Post a Comment