I like my French toast soft (but not too mushy) inside and crispy outside. To get this effect I do not mix milk and eggs together. This adds extra time to the whole process (and leaves one extra dirty bowl to clean) but I believe it totally worth it!
What you need6 pieces of slightly stale bread
2 cups milk
2 tbsp sugar
dash of cinnamon
splash of vanilla
butter or oil for frying
What to do
- If your bread is fresh, dry it for 10 minutes in the oven or toast it.
- In the first bowl combine together milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar. Stir well.
- In the second bowl beat eggs lightly.
- Dip a slice of bread in the milk mixture. The longer you dip the bread the softer your French toast will be.
- Dip it in the egg and fry for 5 minutes each side (or until golden brown). The trick is to keep the heat low so that the bread gets a chance to cook before burning.
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Check out BREAKFAST CLUB feature
A year ago: LILAC LEAF SHAWL