29 January, 2013

ERIC'S NON-FELTED SLIPPERS

Remember PHENTEX SLIPPERS I've made for Eric in 2011?  After over a year of daily use those beauties slowly died and by the end of 2012 they looked more like slipper tops then whole slippers.  It was time to look for a new pattern and get crafty.


I chose several interesting free patterns on Ravelry and asked Eric which one he liked the best. He preferred Yuko Nakamura's NON-FELTED SLIPPERS (Ravelry link) and I was happy with his choice - the pattern was easy but not boring.


I used Phentex yarn since it's more durable than wool but I'll be honest - it's not as fun to work with.  I had to modify the pattern ever-so-slightly: casting on 44 stitches instead of 50.  I also added a couple of extra rows on top to ensure that slippers won't slip (no pun intended).


Eric has been wearing them for almost two months now and he really likes his new slippers.  He says that they are as comfortable as he thought they would be.  Let see how long they will last.

_____
A year ago: LONG STITCH BINDING TUTORIAL part2
Two years ago: WEEKLY KALEIDOSCOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment