28 February, 2013

UPCYCLED ZIPPERED POUCH

Look what I've made!!!

zippered pouch
I know I might be a little bit over excited about a simple zippered pouch but every sewing accomplishment is kind of a big deal for me. Thing is, my mom is a very good seamstress, growing up in the country where it was often difficult to buy good quality clothes, she learned how to sew and made most of hers, and later on mine and my sister's outfits. She was really good, so good that people would often ask us for the name of the store where our clothes came from.
 upcycled zippered pouch
I didn't get my mom's sewing gene. Like any Soviet child I've learned basics of sewing in the handicraft class but even then, my mom had to finish most of my simple projects. After several unsuccessful sewing attempts I decided that it was not my forte and that I would never be as good as my mom.

But it turns out sewing is not that difficult, although I have to admit it requires patience and attention to details.  It also helps to have good instructions and this zippered pouch would not be made without Anna's tutorial.  I've slightly adjusted her SCRAPPY MAKE-UP POUCH TUTORIAL to make a similar 2-coloured version.


Another great thing about this pouch, it's two third upcycled; I've used fabric from our cushions and an old pillow case for the lining.  YEY for fun upcycled sewing projects.  What should I make next?

_____
A year ago: {LOVINGLY LINE} BIRD CARD
Two years ago: BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC

4 comments:

  1. How abot some kitty toys stuffed with catnip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I am making a couple of small felted birds for Easter/Spring decor, they would work nice as cat toys!

      Delete
  2. Looks really great! I love sewing such things. I think in view weeks the result is on my blog!

    martie's DIY
    martiege.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be thrilled to see your creations, Martie. Let me know when you'll post, please!

      Delete