origami models I will share with you some simple origami projects. I have about 7 different models of boxes that are not only fun to make but could be used for organising, gift giving, or as decor objects.
Today we'll begin with a simple origami box you can use to store buttons, paper clips, push pins and other little bits and pieces.
- Begin with a square piece of paper. If you do not have a square paper you can easily make one out of a rectangle, just follow these or these instructions.
- With a patterned/coloured side down, fold your square diagonally once and then once again.
- Flip the paper onto its white side and fold it vertically and then horizontally.
- If you follow folds you've just made you should have no problem collapsing your square into a triangular Waterbomb Base (yes, this is the official name!).
- Place your triangle pointing towards you and fold in 2 side flaps. They should overlap but corners should not touch opposite sides.
- Fold the bottom part of the triangle following the line created by 2 flaps.
- Turn the model over and repeat on the other side.
- Fold flaps inside each other on both sides.
- You are left with a final step of giving your model some volume, but spreading its top and folding in the bottom. Please be extra careful not to rip the paper, specially if yours is thin.
Your box should now be ready.
Time to fill it up with little treasures!
Let me know if you have any questions and stay tuned for more origami models.
A year ago: PURPLE GARDEN
Two years ago: WEEKEND COLOURS