12 September, 2013

FREE STYLE IKEBANA 2012

The annual ikebana exposition of Montreal's chapter of Koryu Shotokai is coming up. I've missed it last year but this time I am super excited to be one of the participants.  I will also be passing my next ikebana exam early next year!


These are my free style arrangements from 2012.  I can't say I love them all.  Some of them were weak, on some days I didn't feel extremely creative, and at times material was challenging.  But there are some that I simply love, like the 2 beautiful arrangements below:

There is something very interesting about this one:


And while I wouldn't call this last arrangement my favourite, it is very much Kuryo Shotokai and it received a lot of praise from my teacher.


You can see my classical ikebana arrangements from 2012 here.
_____________
A year ago: AUGUST JOURNAL - details
Two years ago: LILAC LEAF SHAWL

No comments:

Post a Comment